Monday 14 September 2009

Well, I thought it was about time I started a blog. I have been tempted many times in the past as I do enjoy reading blogs so much but I have always come across the stumbling block of 'what do I blog about?'. Now it is obvious....I blog about my business!



So, by way of an introduction; I have recently given up my paid employment as a teacher in order to start a business designing fabrics and making products, patterns and kits. My sister (Michelle) is working with me and handles all of the business, marketing, financy type stuff and I get to immerse myself in all the yummy creative side, how lucky am I?

We have been working on this since spring, me building up 6 ranges of designs and Michelle writing an enormously detailed business plan, sourcing printers, base fabric, organising samples and getting well and truly up to speed with with the textile and craft industry.



We launched at the Festival of Quilts in August and had fantastic fun hearing what people had to say about our fabric, so much fun in fact that we decided there and then to book a stand (bigger and better!) for the Knitting and Stitching Show at Alexandra Palace 8-11th October. Whoop! I am so excited, this is my favourite show to visit and now I get to have my own stand!

No comments:

Post a Comment