Thursday 27 May 2010

One yard update

One yard wonders decided against using my fabric for the bag I designed and sent me some instead. I do love it though and I spent yesterday morning putting a bag together in it to send to them.
Cute? You can only just tell in the picture below but I used a silver bell instead of a bead to keep the toggle on this time. I keep imagining it jingling all the way to the states!
I also just finished my third block for the quiltalong - I have been pleasantly surprised at how quickly these are going together - the bulk of the time is taken cutting but I cut all the pieces for this block while watching Junior Apprentice last night so when I woke up this morning I could get stuck straight into sewing. As I make each block I am also making up 12-20 extra geese depending on how many I can squeeze out of the piece of fabric - these will be the border + I will have extras to add to the back and other projects. It works for me to do lots at the same time so I can string piece them.

3 comments:

  1. love the graphic lines! bridget

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula the bag looks fabulous. When will the pattern be out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Teresa :) I don't think the book will be published until next year but I think I will sell it as a kit at the festival of quilts in August

    ReplyDelete