Thursday 5 November 2009

just a really quick one as I am snowed under getting ready for Ilford Craft Market tomorrow...I thought it was only fair to announce that my camera and tripod have arrived (actually they arrived on Tuesday so the 9th working day). I am very relieved as I had started reading all these awful reviews of the company and had started wondering whether I would ever see my camera or my money again, yes, a little over dramatic! I still think it was a REALLY long time to wait for something that is in stock to be sent from the Isle of Wight to Watford and it irked me to see them state 'fast delivery'! on their site but I am super delighted with my camera! Of course, the first thing I did was make it a case with a snuggly fleece lining :)







If it looks a little wonky that because, well, it's a little wonky! Ooooh, speaking of my inability to make unwonky things (totally not true BTW if you're thinking of buying anything I make!) I have been having a go at string piecing using paper, wow, it's so much fun and everything comes out so neatly! In fact I am in two minds as to whether I will ever use the blocks I have made so far because that will mean taking the paper off the back and then it won't look so beautifully neat anymore! I followed a link to a tutorial from http://imagingermonkey.blogspot.com/ after seeing the gorgeous spiders web blocks she was putting together and now I have



and


'scuse my toes in the first pic! I have tried out two different blocks, I'm not sure what I will do with them except maybe keep making them whenever I have a spare couple of hours. I highly recommend trying it if, like me, you have a box full of strippy shaped scraps!

Right, wish me luck, Ilford needs to be a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment